Terms and conditions of use
Return and Shipping Policy
- At Party Cakes 'n Things, we really want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. Please call our customer service department at 757-420-5628, or e-mail us before returning any merchandise. All return requests for unwanted items must be made within 7 days of receiving the order. You MUST obtain a return authorization number before you send back your item. All electronic and food items are subject to our no return policy, as stated below. A 15% - 25% restocking charge will apply on all permitted returns, depending on manufacturer. Only sealed, unopened and UNUSED merchandise, in its original packaging will be accepted. Food products and other heat-sensitive items shipped during the summer months are shipped at the purchaser's risk and are not guaranteed against weather related damage (melting or discoloration). Standard returns are returns that are not due to damage, defect, or an incorrect product received. Standard returns may be made within 7 days of the date you receive your shipment. On standard returns, you are responsible for the shipping back to us. If you are requesting a refund, you will receive full credit of the purchase price minus the original shipping cost. A 15% Re-Stocking Fee will be charged for all products returned in which an exchange is not requested. If you are requesting an exchange, you will be charged for the reshipment of the product plus any additional upgrade charges if the product you are requesting has a greater value. Credits are given for exchanges with a lesser value.
- Non returnable items include but are not limited to: Edible food products (including all petal & luster dusts, highlighters, colorings, disco dust, dragees, etc.), pre-made gumpaste flowers and decorations, royal icing decorations, silicone molds, rolling pins, books, magazines, videos, media, turntables, Acrylic cake stands, bulk orders, cake pans, all bakeware, air brushes, cake dummies, chocolate transfer sheets, all edible image transfer sheets, discounted items, seasonal items and special orders are NOT returnable. All gift certificates are non-refundable.
- Shipping charges will not be refunded.
- Shipping Charges will be calculated and added to your order before you submit your payment You can either pay for your items with a credit card or your own account through PayPal, or by mailing a money order prior to shipment. We only accept money orders in U.S. Dollars only. Orders are processed upon receipt of a money order. We cannot guarantee the availability of a product by the time your money order is received.
- If you choose to place a phone order, please feel free. We understand that there are some people who just don't trust inputting their credit card number online. We are happy to assist you. However, due to the lack of security of the telephones most of us use these days (either a cordless landline or cellular phone), and unfortunately, due to recent unfair chargebacks, we will no longer accept credit cards numbers over the phone. For your protection as well as ours, your payment choices are to either use your PayPal account, input your credit card number using the secured PayPal page that our website directs you to, or to mail a money order in US Funds to our store, address listed on the bottom of every page. Orders are processed upon receipt of a money order.
- Shipping Charges will be based on the amount of the order. USPS and UPS are our usual shippers, and we reserve the right to ship your order with whichever company we choose.
- Returns Due to Damage, Defect or Receipt of Incorrect Product: If the product you received is damaged, defective. or an incorrect product shipped, please contact us within 24 hours of arrival through the contact form on the Contact Us page or by calling 757-420-5628. If items are damaged due to the shipping carrier, we will file a claim on your behalf, directly with the carrier. We need the following items from you: 1.) Send a picture of your damage to email@example.com. 2.) Order number from which your damage occurred. 3.) Your contact information where you can be notified. If the shipping carrier approves our claim, we will issue you a STORE CREDIT for your product, OR send you a replacement. Please note that not all claims are approved. Incorrectly shipped items will be corrected by shipping the correct product back at no cost to you. We may ask for verification of the incorrectly shipped item, most likely asking you to email a picture to us. In the case of defective product, we will replace any defective product as soon as possible.
- Refused Orders - Any order sent to a customer that is refused will be charged the shipping costs plus a restocking charge of 15%
- Returned Orders Due to Incorrect Address - If the order is returned to us, due to an incorrect or incomplete address given by the customer at the time of ordering, we will re-ship the order at the customer's expense, with payment needed to be received before the re-shipment. If the customer chooses not to have the order re-shipped, we will refund the payment, the same way we received it, minus a 15% restocking charge and the original shipping charges.
- Missing Items - If you did not receive all the items that you ordered, first check the invoice to see that the missing item is not marked “out of stock”. Next, check all packing material thoroughly for items that may have been wrapped in packing or settled in shipment. Retain all original packing material. Notify Party Cakes 'n Things within 24 hours after receiving your merchandise.
- We make every attempt to keep enough inventory on hand to complete your order. However, high demand, supplier shortages, or seasonal sell-outs, may result in items being out of stock. For example, some product featured on a food channel or talk show usually deplete our inventory and our suppliers may be out as well. We will hold your order until we can ship complete. If we have any indication that a product will be unavailable for 10 days or more, we will make every attempt to contact you for further instructions, or we may substitute it with a similar product from another manufacturer, distributor or vendor. If you prefer, we will refund you the price of that item and ship the remainder of your order.
- Be advise that there is a certain amount of risk that chocolate and coating might melt in hot weather or hot climates while in transit. If this should occur, it can be remelted and used and will not be replaced or credited back.
- All goods are shipped FOB Virginia Beach, VA unless a special order is being drop shipped to you, in which case the order will be shipped FOB factory of our supplier. We offer shipping services through UPS or the USPS.
- All shipping rates are for the continental United States. We will ship to all countries but additional charges will apply. For more information on additional charges, e-mail us.
NOTE: "Oversize" fees may apply to larger items such as cake boards and boxes, bulk products, large styrofoam cake dummies OR large cake pans, depending on package size. These fees WILL NOT be displayed on your shipping calculator. If your order incurs a MUCH higher shipping charge than what is initially quoted and paid through PayPal, you will be notified with a request for additional funds. Your order will NOT be shipped until we receive the additional funds, if we request them.
NOTE: We do not recommend shipping chocolate or perishable products during the warm summer months. However, if requested, we highly recommend expedited shipping. Chocolate coatings that melt in transit do not harm the product and can simply be re-melted. Coatings have a shelf life of several months so we suggest you stock up prior to the arrival of hot weather.
Class Attendance Policy
Because of the small class size and individual instruction, we have had to adopt this policy in fairness to everyone.
- In the event that the class is cancelled by either the store or the instructor, you have the options of either transferring to another class or getting a full refund or store credit towards merchandise.
- With the exceptions of family emergencies or your sudden military deployment, we require at least 72 hours notice if you find that you cannot attend the class after paying your fee. If we are given that minimum notice, you can either transfer to another class, or have the money refunded.
- If you cannot attend after paying your fee, and it's less then the required 72 hours notice, you will have the transfer or refund options if and only if your spot can be filled by another student. However, if we are unable to fill your space, you forfeit your fee. NO EXCEPTIONS. This is the only way we can cover our expenses and be fair to the other students and instructor.
- Missed multi-day classes may only be made up if there is room in another class session taught by the same instructor. Your instructor will make every effort to catch you up if you are unable to attend, but this is strictly at your mutual convenience and is not binding on us.
- Due to space availability, NO ONE is allowed to sit in on our classes without having registered. This includes, but is not limited to, visiting friends or relatives, children, or anyone else in your care.
- The materials appearing on Party Cakes 'n Things' web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Party Cakes 'n Things does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. As Party Cakes 'n Things, we may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Party Cakes 'n Things does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials. Prices are subject to change without notice. We make no warranties regarding the accuracy of pricing. On-line prices may vary from in-store prices. Any price adjustments because of listing errors are at our sole discretion.
- You will find most of our in-store pricing to be the same as the prices listed on our website. We will occasionally price products differently due to exclusive on-line specials, market adjustments, in-store only specials and competitor pricing adjustments.